Would you like to spend the weekend, short break or long vacation in nature?
Do you want to go camping to enjoy nature, fresh air and individual freedom? With a bit of comfort or a lot of luxury?
How to find your perfect camping accommodation
Wondering if you should buy (or rent) a tent, caravan, campervan or RV? Here you will find a small checklist.
Compare the three most popular types of camping accommodation with our list: tent, caravan and motorhome. We've listed the top pros and cons of each from our point of view. What do you think about that? Which accommodation is your favourite?
- Cheapest option
- Particularly close to nature
- Easy transport (train, motorbike, car)
- Easy to store in the basement or garage
- For a tent trip by car and driver's license test from 1999: driver's license B is sufficient
- Sustainable: little consumption of resources in production and transport
- weather dependent
- Less comfort
- Set up and tear down (can be fun, but not in the dark or in the rain...)
- Comfort higher than in a tent: beds, kitchen, possibly toilet/ wet room
- Lots of storage space for luggage
- Flexible: hang out and use cars individually
- Cheaper price compared to the mobile home
- If the combination weight is more than 3.5 t (and trailer weight up to 3.5 t) and driver's license from 1999: BE driver's license required
- Carriage driving can be difficult or slow
- Maneuvering on the parking space is not always easy (maneuvering assistance may be required)
- Trailer coupling required on the car
- Space required for parking (winter storage)
- Higher level of comfort compared to a tent: beds, kitchen, possibly toilet/wet room, storage space for luggage
- Easier to drive on the road and maneuver around the site than caravans
- More flexible parking with a campervan or bus, e.g. for overnight stays
- You can use campervans in everyday life like a car
- Motorhomes over 3.5 t and driving license from 1999: Class C1 (up to 7.5 t) or C driving license required
- High purchase price
- Not as flexible on site as with a car and a parked caravan
- Space required for parking (winter storage?)
- Large motorhomes do not fit on every campsite or parking space
No matter which camping variant you choose: they all have advantages and disadvantages. What is important is that camping simply brings joy and is something for everyone, regardless of whether they have a small or large purse.
Have you already made a decision?